Thursday, January 20, 2011

Barbecue Chili

I wasn't too sure about this recipe at first. I don't like my food to touch on my plate so I was a little hesitant.


Pork Barbecue and Chili? Not a combination I would put together.


Let me tell you it was DELICIOUS! And super easy! And by easy, I mean EASY! Literally dump and stir!


We are always looking for meals that are quick fixes. By the time my husband and I get home from work we have to hustle to get everyone fed, bathed, and in bed. I am talking like I have multiple children but as you know I only have one. It feels like more I guess.


Back to the food - so here is the recipe:





Barbecue Chili Ingredients:
1 1/2 pounds shredded barbecue pork
2 (14.5-oz.) cans diced tomatoes with green pepper, celery, and onion
1 (8-oz.) can tomato sauce
1 cup barbecue sauce
1/3 cup Chili Seasoning Mix
 
Preparation: (Only one step - LOVE IT!)
1. Stir together shredded pork and remaining ingredients in a Dutch oven; bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes. Serve with desired toppings  



Barbecue Chili


I made a few alternations: 1) I do not own a dutch oven (nor do I really know what one is) so I used a regular pot. I honestly don't know what the difference would be if I had used a dutch over but whatever, it turned out yummy all the same  2) I used packaged chili seasoning instead of Southern Living's recipe. I am just cheap and lazy like that. But if you prefer to go all Martha Stewart and make your own the recipe is below. It looks easy enough but grabbing the 60 cent pre-made package was easy too.

Chili Seasoning Mix:
3/4 cup chili powder
2 tablespoons ground cumin
2 tablespoons dried oregano
2 tablespoons dried minced onion
2 tablespoons seasoned salt
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons dried minced garlic
 
 
This dish was enjoyed by all so we will be adding this recipe into rotation into our home since it meets the criteria in our home of quick, easy, and delicious.
 
- Ginger

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...