Tuesday, March 1, 2011

MARCH-ing On!

I am really pumped to start a new month!

In my opinion, every week and even every day is a fresh start.

If you had a bad day, you get to go to bed and wake up the next morning refreshed and hopefully things will go better.

If you had a bad week, you recover over the weekend and on Monday you can try it all over again and hope for better results.

But the first of the Month, well it's a whole new ball game! You have 30 days to accomplish your goals! 30 days to do try something new. The first day of the month is a clean slate {and payday - so even sweeter} for you begin again.

What are your goals for this month?

Here are a few of mine:

{1} I have been teetering on my dieting. Point blank - I have been AWFUL! I haven't gone to the gym for the last two weeks and chocolate has been my best friend. Today I start yet AGAIN. I want to drop 8 pounds by the end of the month. It is only 2 pounds a week so TOTALLY doable.

I have roughly 20 pounds to go to get to my goal weight. IF I get my act together I will make my goal in time for the beach.

{2} Get a system down for keeping the house clean. OMG - I go through this every month, week, hour, minute! It is the perpetual Monkey on my back. Who brings all of this stuff into our house? I swear there are little leprechauns that come to my house in the middle of the night and drop off Target bags full of crap. I wake up in the morning and there is stuff everywhere! Why do they do this to me?

But, seriously, any tips on keeping up with the cleaning? I have "tried" {I use this term loosely} cleaning a little every day, doing 1 room a day, doing EVERYTHING on Saturday or Sunday, but nothing seems to stick.

I have even created an index card system that has all the chores on an index card and when it is complete you move it to the next day.

I honestly think the only way to keep your house clean is to stuff everything into a closet and hope no one EVER opens it.

{3} Coupon More!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE me a good bargain!

My goal this month is to keep up with my coupon cutting and coupon blogs better. I am always a day late to the super savers party and it drives me crazy! I actually get a cringe of jealousy when I hear about these women who got hundreds of dollars of groceries for next to nothing! I want to be her!

We use coupons regularly in our house but I want to be on TOP of the sale. I want to know about the sale before the store even knows they are having the sale, buy extra coupons in advance, stalk the grocery store to make sure they have it in stock, and buy every last available item. I want to be that GOOD.

The way I see it, our grocery money is really the only place where we have control over saving money. If you know of any great websites to check out or having any tips for me please e-mail me! I want to know everything I can!

Wish me luck! I will keep you posted throughout the month. I can totally do this!


Hoping you all have a VERY ELECTRIFYING MARCH!!




{Ginger}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...