Friday, August 20, 2010

Birthday Bonanza

We had the best time celebrating Landon's first birthday this past weekend. I want to thank everyone who came out to help us celebrate and all of your wonderful gifts. I hope everyone had as much fun as we did.

Anyone who has met Landon know that he is a character. He has such a fun and lively personality so I though what better way to celebrate his birthday than to have a Dr. Seuss theme. Dr. Seuss wrote about so many different characters and really brought them to life in his books that I thought it would be a perfect match. I was actually surprised at how difficult it was to find Dr. Seuss related items. I thought for sure with it's popularity I could find party related items everywhere but boy was I wrong. I did luck out at a few stores with decorations and party favors to create a cute little party.

I found a blog about another mother who threw a Dr. Seuss themed party for her son. She gave me the idea for our invitations. I copied her design/concept but I had to create the invitation from scratch. I also wrote the little poem.



I also created little bi-fold cards with Landon's photo and a Dr. Suess quote. If I wasn't such a procrastinator I would have added more details but I made these at 1:00 am the night before the party after making 70+ cupcakes. Needless to say I was happy the way they turned out considering they were done the 11th hour.




I thought it would be so much fun to have a birthday caked that looked like a Dr. Suess book. I was going to make it myself and do all the decorating. I knew it would add another great element to the party. Luckily I gave myself a reality check and decided to order one from the store and I think it turned out great. I wasn't sure about the yellow at first but it really popped on the red tablecloth.


I had hoped to take more pictures but I guess being the mom you don't really get the opportunity to. I was so busy making sure everyone and everything was ok I didn't pick my camera up once. I wanted to get a picture of Landon with every guest so that he would have a photo memory for his scrapbook but I didn't get to it. I am counting on family and friends to send me pictures of the party. So if you have any please e-mail them to me.

Here are a few photos I did manage to snag off of facebook already.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...